Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Easy Peasy Berry Cobbler


Before we went on vacation a couple of weeks ago, I helped out with watering flower beds and caring for pups at my sweet boy's parents house since they went out of town a few days before us. His mom had some Southern Living magazines laying around which is where I came across this recipe. In the two weeks since then I've made this twice. It's that simple & that delicious. Give it a try, it won't let you down!

Easy Berry Cobbler
Prep Time: 10 Minutes   Cook Time: 45 Minutes   Servings: 6

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups frozen berries (I used a mixture of blackberries, raspberries, & strawberries)
  • 1 TBSP lemon juice
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 6 TBSP butter, melted
  • Ice cream or other garnishes (optional)
Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a square 8 x 8 glass baking dish. Place frozen berries in dish and sprinkle with lemon juice. In a medium bowl, combine egg, sugar, and flour until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle mixture over fruit and drizzle melted butter on top. Bake at 375 for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

This post is linked to:

7 comments:

  1. @Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com

    Hey Erin! Thanks so much for stopping by =) I'm heading over to your blog now! And yes, I thought cobbler didn't get much easier than this either!! You'll have to let me know what you both think!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks FABULOUS! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cobbler is one of my favorite desserts and this one sounds fabulous. It also is making me extra hungry.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Visiting from Amanda's Weekend Bloggy Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious!! Thanks for linking up to Craft and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would love this! He is a huge berry cobbler fan. :)

    Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party (and for linking back-I appreciate that!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so delicious! I might have to make this over the weekend for my boyfriend :D
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete