Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Amelia Island

Hello blogland!! I've missed you so very much =) I hope everyone has had a fantastic past week or so, and I am thrilled to finally be jumping back into the blogsphere!

I thought I'd share a few of the (over 200!) pictures I took while on vacation this past week..enjoy!

This picture was taken from the back porch/dock of the house we stayed in that led you right out onto the sand dunes and to the ocean.
Pretty pretty sand dollars some of the family found on the beach.

Horseshoe crab that was right next to our deck.

We got to see a baby sea turtle hatchling make its way to the ocean on our last night there..it was an incredible once in a lifetime experience. Unfortunately you can't take pictures of them because it causes them to become disoriented and not make it to the water.

Sweet boy & I on our date night in the historic town of Fernadina Beach..from what I was told it is the second oldest town in the United States.

Amazing view of the Florida coast when some storms were over the Island.

The view of the kitchen/living/dining room of the house we stayed in. I could sure get used to waking up to that every morning and cooking dinner watching the sunset over it every evening!

Boogey boarding! I about lost my britches a few times, but it was a blast!

Beautiful sunset from the marina in downtown Fernadina Beach on the west side of the island.

At the pier.

Sunrise over the Atlantic.

An old historic church downtown, but it's kind of hard to see with that AMAZING sunset in the background!

I dunno if you can see our hand prints in this picture but I thought it was a cute idea!

Absolutely gorgeous drive on a winding road through moss covered oak trees that led you to the pier in Fort Clinch State Park.

At Fort Clinch.

The Amelia Island Light House.

On our way home.
This trip was definitely something that I can mark off my bucket list! Have a great rest of the week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment