Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Let's Organize: Controlling Paper Clutter

Paper clutter (well sometimes clutter in general) tends to take over my house.

I'm a piler.

Without a doubt.

Envelopes, bills, school papers, schedules, lists, copies, remodeling & home interior magazines.. the list could go on and on.

All I ever do with mail is put it in a little metal mail sorter on my desk but then it piles up even more.

Finally I decided that I needed to find some sort of system that would help me be more in control of the paper that comes and goes.

I started with one of these clear wall hanging paper sorter deal ma jigs (yes, that's the technical term!)


The other materials I used were a pack of 5 sheets of scrapbook paper from tarjay that cost $0.99, some glue dots that I had on hand, and then I repainted a cherry brown framed cork board with hooks that I've had for years..

(Sorry, I had already started painting it black when I remembered I needed a before picture!)

Then I laid the clear paper sorter on the scrapbook paper and cut out what I needed for the back of each slot..


Then I made a white fabric flower to embellish the front of it with and hung it all up. Here's the finished product!




I love it!! It matches my decor and has helped me control the paper clutter..if it isn't categorized as a bill, school, or important 'needs to be looked at' paper..it goes in the trash. It's so nice not having piles everywhere!!

How do you control your paper clutter?

This post is linked to:

    3 comments:

    1. I so need to follow your lead here and get our papers organized come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. I featured this today at my party!

      http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/09/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party_14.html

      Come over and grab a Delightful Order Button for your blog, if you'd like.

      DaNita

      ReplyDelete
    3. @Delightful Order DaNita, I'm on my way over there now!! Thank you so much for the feature! =)

      ReplyDelete