Saturday, September 24, 2011

Recipe: {Sort-of Sweet} Chicken Chili

So, last year (on my old blog), I shared a recipe for white chicken vegetable chili.

As much as I LOVE that chili, and can appreciate how much healthier it probably is than this recipe I'm about to share, I came up with this one because I wanted something more hearty, thick, and chili-like.

The best thing about this recipe is that it took me 20 minutes to make. Tops. Which is perfect for those cool fall evenings when cooking something just sounds like a chore.

I added a little sweetness to this to offset the spicy. I'm a wuss when it comes to spicy. Seriously, it makes me sweat. And I cannot enjoy my food while I'm sweating!!

Okay, anyway. Here it is, hope you enjoy!!

{Sort-Of Sweet} Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
  • 1 can, drained and rinsed, black beans
  • 1 can, drained and rinsed, white beans
  • 1 can, drained white chunk chicken
  • 1/2 can of chicken broth
  • 1 TBSP chili powder
  • 1 TSBP ground cumin
  • 1/2 TBSP ground oregano
  • 1/2 TBSP sugar
  • 1 can tomato paste (8 oz)
  • 1 can rotel (tomatoes & green chiles), drained
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 2 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 TBSP minced garlic
First, I placed my stock pot on the stove and turned it on medium heat. I added the diced onion, roma tomatoes, can of chicken, and minced garlic. I let that simmer about 7 minutes until the onions were tender and the flavors were well blended. The next steps can be done in any order really. Its kind of just like a smorgasboard of ingredients! I then added the tomato paste, rotel, can of black beans, can of white beans and half of a can of chicken broth. Then came the seasonings and sugar. I let that simmer for approximately 10  minutes. Here's what it looked like after cooking before I served it (I'm sorry, it's the only picture I took!)


Mmm. Tasty. I think I'll make some more this afternoon to enjoy while I'm watching football all night! Have a great Saturday everyone! HAPPY FALL!!

This post is linked to:




No comments:

Post a Comment