Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Recipe: Chicken & White Rice Stew

So, last night I was rushing around trying to get a few things done around the house before America's Got Talent came on (Graham and I love that show!) and it was a quarter ‘til 8 when I realized I hadn’t even started dinner yet. And I did NOT want to miss my shows.

I know. I know. How do I forget that I haven’t made dinner?

No. Clue.

So what’s a girl to do with fifteen minutes?

Well that’s how this dinner came together. I threw some of my staples into a stock pot, tested a few bites, added a few more things, and the result was delicious. And it took all of ten minutes to make. I’d say that it was a definite success for feeding my starving boyfriend, a super yummy dinner, and I didn’t miss a minute of one of my favorite shows. Score.

Chicken & White Rice Stew
Prep: NONE Cook Time: Approx 10 minutes Servings: 2
Ingredients
  • 1 large can (drained) of premium white chunk chicken
  • 2 cups of white rice (I used the instant)
  • 2 cups of frozen veggies (I used a broccoli, cauliflower, celery, carrot mix)
  • 1 can (drained) or 1.5 cups frozen peas
  • 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
  • 1 (14 oz) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 chicken bouillon cube
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
In a large stock pot mix together all of your ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer on med-low for ten minutes or until rice is tender and vegetables are cooked through. THATS IT =) simple & delish.
If yours turns out like a casserole that you’re scooping out of a pot, don’t worry, mine did too. I’m sure you could bake this as well, I just didn’t have the patience to wait for my oven to preheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment