Friday, June 24, 2011

Recipe: Grilled Tomato Basil Turkey Sandwich

I figured I'd give you a little back story about this recipe. Any of you who know me probably know how much the love of my life LOVES sandwiches. Seriously, he'd eat them for breakfast (if he got up early enough!), lunch, and dinner just about everyday if he had it his way. When we first started dating, I wasn't as big of a sandwich fan as he is, but you know, time does change things. So, the other night he asked if we could have sandwiches for dinner (classic Graham) but I didn't want just turkey and cheese. I thought I'd try something new, go for something more gourmet, and let's just say that Panera's got nothing on this one! Seriously, it was pretty simple and for sure the tastiest home made sandwich I've ever had. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Grilled Tomato Basil Turkey Sandwich
Prep Time: 5 - 10 minutes     Cook Time: 10 mintues     Serves: 2


Ingredients:

  • 6 slices of bread

  • 1 tsp evoo

  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar

  • 1/3 cup mayo

  • 2 tsp Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning

  • garlic salt

  • butter

  • two types of speciality cheeses (I used gouda & muenster)

  • turkey

In a small bowl mix the mayo, evoo, vinegar, & Mrs. Dash seasoning. I added a few shakes of garlic salt to this too because I LOVE garlic. On everything. Really. Once the mixture is well combined, spread a generous amount onto one side of each of your slices of bread.


Now, we'll start the layering process. On my sandwiches I placed two slices of muenster cheese, three slices of turkey (folded in half & layered on each other..see picture below) then three more slices of turkey, with the creased part of the turkey where you folded it facing the opposite direction of the first layer. And the I sliced my gouda cheese and placed it on the very top. Here's how they looked once the sandwiches were stacked. Since I think my description was more gibberish than detailed. Sorry!


Then, put your sandwich together and butter the outside of each slice of bread. Sprinkle with garlic salt before cooking, like so. (I know, you probably didn't need a picture for this step, but I kinda went picture crazy making these!)


See that garlic salt in the background? It's like my nemesis. Really. We have a love-hate relationship. I love the taste of it, but hate what it does to your breath! Okay back to the sandwich..so while I was cooking the first sandwich I set my oven to warm, and once I finished grilling the first I put it on a baking sheet and slid it in the oven while I cooked the other two. Then, after the second sandwich was done grilling I slid it in the oven too while I cooked the third. Redundant statement? Possibly. Just letting you know that (obviously!) this worked well to keep the previously cooked sandwiches warm while making the others. They turned out super BOMB. I hope you'll give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! Enjoy =) 




This posted is linked to: bouffe e bambini, Remodelaholic

Weekend Bloggy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment